We all have fears, right? Both rational and irrational (in my case, mostly irrational) but either way, they no doubt bother us.
So what exactly, is a fear?
I gave my trusty dictionary a look at and here’s what he told me-
fear- (noun) an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone of something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.
But sometimes we don’t necessarily have a reason to be scared of something. Most of my biggest fears have nothing to do with things that have happened to me specifically, or to anyone I know. They’re just there.
So I like to think of them as challenges or obstacles to overcome. Or to teach me a skill that I might need in the future. Fears are a figment of our imaginations that could prepare us for obstacles in the future. We all deal with them and live with them. Except, those people who jump off cliffs and buildings for fun, they probably don’t have fears…
I decided that I would make a list of my top 10 biggest fears, even if some of them are stupid. Maybe, if I become aware of them, I can work to overcome them. I don’t want this post to be too heavy though. Shall we begin…
- Ducks and chooks… and cow and horses. Okay, most farm animals. Except for those little teacup pigs. They’re kinda cute. This fear is a bit stupid, but I really don’t like them at all. With their beaks, and hooves and poop. They’re just gross. Laugh at me if you will, I don’t mind. *Lightbulb moment* It’s probably because I’m scared that all the farm animals, will one day grow brains like ours and launch a revolt against anyone who ever ate their species. That would suck. Possible Solution– Maybe I should become vegetarian
- Heights– As you could probably tell after my comment on cliff jumping, it’s not really on my high priority to-do list. I’ve always had a bit of a fear of heights or a fear of falling, I guess. I was that kid who cried on grade 5 camp when we had to do a flying fox. Some people think it’s stupid that I can do tricks on a 1.25m heigh beam and I’m still scared of heights. To be totally honest, as a gymnast the beam height terrifies me too… and the bar height… So, it’s a fear that I put up with on an almost daily basis but have never managed to get over. Possible Solution- Skydiving?
- Failing- This is a big one for me. I’m a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to pretty much everything (except keeping my room clean for some reason. Oh well.) I put a lot of pressure on myself to excel in school and in dance and in life generally. I don’t really know why but failing is a terrifying thought for me. Its not that I don’t ever fail but I try my hardest not to. I’m a smart kid at school, not naturally, but because I work so hard to maintain my grades. Yeah, I’m that kid. Sorry guys. Possible Solution- I honestly have no idea. Stop caring??
- Needles- This could practically be considered a phobia, I’m so terrified of needles. A few years ago, I passed out thinking about getting a needle. I’m not even kidding. I want to give blood and save people’s lives and stuff but there’s needles involved. I did get my second ear piercing a few weeks ago, so that’s a start, right? I didn’t pass out this time. 😉 Possible Solution- Get more piercings and vaccinations. Hahaha yeah right..
- Being left behind- I mean this in a lot of ways. People moving on with life and me being stuck alone in a memory. Or there being an accident that I’m involved in and I survive and someone else doesn’t. It’s hard to explain but it makes sense in my head. Possible Solution- Don’t think about it…?
- Roundabouts, stop signs and give way signs- Basically any intersections where you have to stop and then start again. I’ve just started learning how to drive and I’m terrible, especially when it comes to intersections. I always get really nervous and worked up and stall. It sucks! Possible Solution- Practice makes perfect!
- Being paralysed- I would rather be dead than to not be able to move. The thought of not being able to move, or dance or anything like that, is totally terrifying. And the sympathy you would get! That would kill me. I’m fairly independent and the thought of being that reliant on others… well, just thinking about it makes me feel frustrated. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t judge people based on this, but I would truly hate to be in that position myself. I am very grateful to be able to move like I can. Possible Solution- Don’t get paralysed 😛
- People tickling me- I cannot control my limbs when I am being tickled. But what if, in the future, I miraculously becoming really pretty and get a boyfriend and he thinks its cute and ends up in Emergency! You cannot blame me if are injured while doing this. You have been warned. Possible Solution- Avoid all relationships that could result in tickling.
- My pets not loving me- My pets are my only source of love (other than my mum. Love you mum x) and it would be utterly tragic if they stopped loving me or putting up with me. I don’t know which. If this were to happen to me I would be an empty shell of a cat lady. And then my soul really would match my eyeliner. Possible Solution- Don’t ever ignore them, love them forever, and forgive them when they pee on your bed.
- Being forever alone- I read a lot of books about love and I see a lot of cute couples everyday at school. And then there’s me sitting here with my laptop and cat. I feel like I know a lot about love but I’m really clueless. I can hope though, that I’ll have more luck after high school but I’m impatient. I kind of just want to know if anyone thinks of me like that or if I truly am the DUFF. *Sigh* I just really don’t want to end up like Jane Austen, who wrote brilliant love stories but never actually fell in love and then died. That would be awful. I don’t want to die alone *insert crying face*! Possible Solution- Go on that Married at First Sight show or pay someone a lot of money…
So there you have it. My list of top ten fear/things that scare me. I know some of them are a bit stupid but I hope you can laugh and/or relate to my incredible stupidity.
What are some of your biggest fears? I would love to hear all about it!
I’m sorry for the lack of content lately, I’ve been studying for exam week next week, but after that I have two weeks holidays! Yay!
Hope you’re having a fabulous day!
Love and virtual hugs xx ❤