Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week there is a new book-related topic to write a post on.
I only just recently found out about this and thought it would be a lot of fun. I know it it not Tuesday, it’s Saturday, but I was really busy this week and didn’t have a moment to breath, let alone write this post. But I have a chance now so please enjoy! I will try to have next week’s to you on time. 😉
Here we go…
- All The Bright Places, by Jennifer Niven– I had heard a lot of good things about this book and I thought I should see what all the hype was about. I haven’t read it just yet, but expect a review within the next two weeks (at least.)
- Girl Online, by Zoe Sugg- I bought this book a few months ago and I loved it! You can check out my review here. It was a really cute, fun read and I look forward to seeing more from Zoe.
- Treasure Yourself and Empower Yourself, by Miranda Kerr– I don’t usually read self-help books but I really liked these. They are full of amazing, inspirational quotes and affirmations. From memory, I got these as a gift, so maybe someone was trying to tell me something… Anyway, I really appreciated them. I haven’t read the whole book/s, I just tend to read little bits of it at a time. I have mentioned these books in a few of my other posts including… Timeless Beauty, Happiness Equation and Dream, Believe, Work Hard, Achieve, feel free to check them out 🙂
- Waterfall, by Lauren Kate– I don’t remember exactly when I got this book, but I know it was sometime in the last year. 😂 Oh well, I love Lauren Kate and had read Teardrop, the first book in this series when it first came out and I really liked it. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with Waterfall and did not like the ending much at all, but that’s just my opinion. I LOVE the Fallen series by Lauren Kate,! (or what I’ve read of it so far.)
- Eleanor & Park, by Rainbow Rowell– Gorgeous, gorgeous story. I love it so much. I saw it in a book shop, saw it was written by Rainbow Rowell and bought it. There was no other thought process involved in this decision (not even the fact that I’m broke and can hardly afford it) My book review on it is here.
- The Duff, by Kody Keplinger- I bought this after seeing the movie, which is a bit of a betrayal to my bookishness, but to be fair, I didn’t know there was a book at all. I liked it, it was funny, but the movie was nothing like it. If you want to check out my review, you can find it here.
- The Mortal Instruments series, by Cassandra Clare– I was suggested these by my Dad of all people (he didn’t actually like them, but he thought they were up my alley) I read them all and haven’t yet read the prequel series, but plan to when I can. I loved this story and found it so gripping and intriguing. Sometimes the love triangle thing was a little tedious and repetitive, but otherwise it was great.
- Dorothy Must Die, by Danielle Paige– I haven’t read this yet, but I know there has been a bit of hype about this series, so I wanted to check it out.
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, by Rick Riordan– I love these books so much! They are aimed at readers who are a bit younger than me, but I still loved it. I haven’t had the chance to read the Heroes of Olympus series, but they are on my TBR list.
- The Longest Ride, by Nicholas Sparks– Last, but not least. This is a really lovely story and I enjoyed it. It took me most of the book to work out how both point’s of view would come together and it was really well thought out. The book is reminiscent of The Notebook, in a way and was very beautiful, sad and tragic.
Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them?
Thank you very much for reading, I hope you enjoyed and sorry again that it’s late. I also want to apologise for not having a book review for you on Friday. I hadn’t actually finished a book to review for you. I have almost finished it now, but I’m going to save it for next Friday so I can be ahead a bit.
I would love to hear feedback on my blog, if you would like! Also, if you have any book suggestions, I would love to hear them!
Lots of love and virtual hugs ❤