Book: Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1)
Author: Rick Riordan
Year Published: 2005
Genre: Young adult, fantasy, adventure, Greek mythology
Look, I didn’t want to be a half-blood. I never asked to be the son of a Greek God.
I was just a normal kid, going to school, playing basketball, skateboarding. The usual. Until I accidentally vaporised my maths teacher. Now I spend my time battling monsters and generally trying to stay alive.
This is the one where Zeus, God of the Sky, thinks I’ve stolen his lightning bolt – and making Zeus angry is a very bad idea.
- Percy Jackson is such a funny and likeable character. I just love him so much, he’s perfect. His thought process and humour is just so realistic and relatable.
- Me: *reading Percy Jackson*
- Annabeth to Percy: “You drool when you sleep”
- Me: OTP
- The story is so funny and clever and the Greek mythology ties in perfectly. It makes sense.
- The world is built so amazingly.
- Annabeth is me
- The book is so fun and easy to read. It doesn’t feel like a chore to read at any stage in the book.
- It is very similar to Harry Potter, in my opinion, but both books are brilliant separately.
- This is a re-read for me, but it was just as good the second time as the first.
- The plot twists were really well thought out.
- The chapter titles. Enough said.
- Love it!
- I honestly can’t think of anything.
- I know! There are only 5 books solely in Percy’s POV.
- The books aren’t long enough.
- The movie sucks. Badly.
- I don’t think these even count. 😂😂
To conclude! I obviously love this book a lot. It is very reminiscent of Harry Potter and I feel like it’s a book that, even though it’s written for middle school kids, I will continue to love and appreciate more and more as I get older. It’s a lot of fun and is not at all difficult to read. It is thoroughly enjoyable in all possible ways. It’s just perfection really. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone, if you haven’t read it already.
And since none of those cons really count, I have to give it a 5!
This was just a quick review, because there is nothing to complain about in this book. I hope you enjoyed it.
Have you read this book? What did you think of it?
All the love and hugs,