Book: Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2)
Author: Rick Riordan
Year published: 2006
Genre: Young adult, fantasy, adventure, Greek mythology
You can’t tell be looking at me that my Dad is Poseidon, God of the Sea.
It’s not easy being a half-blood these days. Even a simple game of dodgeball becomes a death match against an ugly gang of cannibal giants – and that was only the beginning.
Now Camp Half-Blood is under attack and, unless I can get my hands on the Golden Fleece, the whole camp will be invaded by monsters. Big ones…
- Tyson is such a sweetie and I feel really bad for how he is treated. I like that he is a part of the story and I am glad he was introduced.
- Percy is a funny as ever. Gosh, I’ve never had someone crack me up so much. And he’s fictional! (Guys take notes)
- Again the world building is brilliant and Greek mythology is made fun. Rick Riordan is a wizard and writes the world in a way that seems genuinely possible.
- The story is so well-thought out. The plot twists and turns are brilliant and mostly unpredictable.
- This book is so funny and easy to read. Perfect for everyone! And that means no excuses. 😉
- The chapter titles! They are so great and I love them so much. They are just so…. Percy.
- The movie sucks and it makes me want to cry. I’m sorry, but it’s just not Percy Jackson. At least Annabeth is blonde in this movie.
- Percy is a little bit rude to Tyson behind his back to start with, which is a little sad. I understand how Percy feels about the whole thing, but I don’t agree.
- Annabeth still having a thing for Luke! Why?!
Overall this book is brilliant and even the cons were necessary. I love, love, love this book, this series and this world. I never want it to end. I want to give this book a 5, but I don’t love this book as much the Lightning Thief. So I gave it a 4.9, because that is totally a thing.
This is the kind of book that anyone can read and enjoy. Kids to adult and everything in between. I know this story is going to be one like Harry Potter, that only improves with age and re-reads.
Please, if you haven’t read this series and you love Harry Potter, do yourself a favour and just read it. You will not regret it.
That’s all for this review. Again, it was pretty short, because I just can’t fault these books. They are perfection!