Hi all and welcome to this weeks Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. (Sorry it’s a day late) This weeks theme is 10 wishes I’d ask the books genie to grant me. Anything you wish, the book genie can grant it.
I really like this topic because there are so many possibilities, but I struggled at first because I had no idea where to start. Anyway, let’s just get to it.
- I wish that everyone got the chance to learn how to read. Without books and reading and stories and writing, my life would be very different. Reading is an escape, it’s learning and I feel like it is my purpose. (I don’t know if you know what I mean… but let me know if you do.) I just wish everyone had the same opportunity to learn how to read.
- I wish that book nerds weren’t stereotyped. I mean really, can we move on from this now? Just because I read does not mean I am ultimately smart and otherwise boring.
- I wish I could read every book ever. Like all of them. If I had the chance, well, I would give it my best shot. It makes me sad that there are going to be so many potential favourite books that I never get to read. Is it just me?
- I wish I had endless time to spend reading. Pure bliss.
- I wish I could read my favourite author’s grocery lists. This might sound weird, but there are some authors (eg. Rainbow Rowell and Meg Cabot) that I would literally read anything that they had written… like ever.
- I wish I could get paid to read. I’m pretty good at reading and I like reading. Why not get paid?
- I wish my friends would read books I’ve read so I don’t accidentally spoil them. I feel like I am a walking lie, I keep so many spoiler secrets from my friends.
- I wish that movie producers would get actually read the book, before making a movie out of it. (eg. Percy Jackson *cries*) Please and thank you.
- I wish #8 times 100,000,000,000,000.
- I wish that every could find at least one book that they love. I know a lot of people don’t like reading, but if they could just find that one book that makes them think, or makes them smile. That would be pretty cool.
So yeah, that it! I hope you liked it. Do you agree with any of my wishes? What else would you add?
Feel free to comment linking to your blog, because I would love to see your lists! I never seem to get to look at as many as I would like.
Love Ellie ❤