Hello everyone and happy new year to you all! I hope you had an amazing night and had a lot of fun celebrating.
I just thought I’d do a little post to wrap up the month.
So what happened in December?
Holidays. Holiday bliss. I did a whole lot of nothing and intend to continue that for the rest of my summer holidays. It will be amazing. 😍
Christmas happened and I received a lot of books. They will keep me busy for the next month or so. 😊
I also updated the theme and style of my blog, which I was really excited about. New blog, new background, new logo, new fonts and stuff. I don’t know, I was excited and I guess that’s all that matters.
Anyway, let’s move onto the more important things… Books! What did I read/review this month?
- My Sister’s Keeper, by Jodi Picoult (3/5): I liked this book, but I didn’t love it. There were a lot of things that frustrated me about this book and it just made it difficult to read.
- The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud (3.5/5): This book could have been haunting and thought-provoking, but I just didn’t like how it was written. I liked it, but I had a too many problems with it. I wanted it to be memorable, but it just didn’t click with me. I loved the idea though. The movie was also good.
- Glass Houses (Morganville Vampires #1), by Rachel Caine (4/5): Something about vampire books that I just love. It’s a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. This one is definitely for fans of Twilight.
- The Dead Girl’s Dance (Morganville Vampires #2), by Rachel Caine
- Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires #3), by Rachel Caine: I’m almost finished this one, but I don’t plan on reviewing the rest of the series, I feel like I’ve said all I need to about it in my Glass Houses review.
- Chained, by Susanne Valenti: I was given a copy of this in exchange for a review. I’ve just started it and I’m really enjoying it. I hope to finish it as soon as possible.
And that’s it! How has your month been? Honestly, mine was a bit downer and I expected a lot more from the books I did read.
Anyway, I have a bunch of new books from Christmas to read this month and I can’t wait to get into it!
Happy New Year!!